70-247 Series: Part 12
Upgrading Service Manager
The following System Center Service Manager products can be upgraded to System Center 2012:
- System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1 CU3
- System Center 2012 - Service Manager RC (Please note: Not supported in a production environment)
It is recommended to begin by testing the upgrade in a lab environment using a copy of the production databases.
In an upgrade of Service Manager, the installation location will remain the same. That is, Service Manager 2012 will use the 2010 installation location.
- Backup the databases and management packs
- Upgrade the Data Warehouse Management Server (Note: Stop all data warehouse jobs)
- Upgrade the first Management Server
- Upgrade other Management Servers and consoles
- Restart data warehouse jobs
- Deploy new Self-Service Portal