Even after my short career I've realised how important it is to ask questions at job interviews. I'm not talking silly questions like "How much leave do I get?" and "Do I get a car?". I'm talking about technical questions you need to know to decide if you want to work in their organistation. Here is a list of things you might want to know:
- What operating systems do you servers run?
- What networking equipment to you use?
- What operating systems do your clients run?
- What applications are mission critical?
- What administrative approach do you use (centralised/decentralised)?
- Do you perform regular maintenance on your systems? If so, what does it entail?
- Do you have a helpdesk, what type, how does it work?
- How many users do you have? What is their level of knowledge?
- What is the organisation's policy on training and self-development?